Shoreditch Trust has a long and illustrious track record of developing and delivering activities that support people to access essential food skills.
We believe that good food is essential to leading a healthy and happy life. By 'good food', we mean healthy, wholesome and flavoursome food which we think is integral to who we are, where we’re from and how we relate to each other – access to good food should be a human right!
We also believe that there’s more to being healthy eating than carefully counting the calories, watching what you eat and worrying about how to resist temptation. The best way to a healthy diet is to find the joy in making something from scratch, in preparing and enjoying food with others (be they friends, family or even complete strangers!) and in discovering new and interesting flavours.
Our approach is simple:
- All of our recipes are based on accessible, affordable and seasonal ingredients;
- We encourage a balanced diet, which means variety and a sense of adventure – and the occasional treat too!
- We favour natural flavours above all else so that means low fat, low sugar and no salt! Just plenty of fresh ingredients, herbs and spices;
- We avoid all things processed and use whole grains wherever we can;
- Many of our recipes are adapted from trusty favourites – with neat tips on how to make them healthier
We love sharing what we know but we also love learning more about food, which is why we always aim to get people involved. No matter where our participants are from, how experienced in the kitchen they might be or when they were born, there’s always something that they can learn or contribute and that’s what we aim to find in everything we do.