Connect with us
Community Connections is for anyone in Hackney who wants to try something new. We often support people who have recently been through a big life change or who are looking for a new direction.
Who is Community Connections for?
- Maybe your children have left home or you’ve retired and have more free time.
- Or you’ve not been well and you don’t get out much anymore.
- Perhaps you’ve lost someone close to you and life feels a bit empty without them.
- Maybe you don’t know many people locally these days.
- We can help you get back on track if you’ve recently been homeless or moved out of a hostel, and it’s ok if you don’t have recourse to public funds.
- We offer longer term help for people over 50.
What kind of activities can I get involved with?
We help people to get involved with bingo, dancing classes, gardening, zumba, chair exercise, volunteering, cooking groups, ping pong, men's groups, days out, new jobs, community walks, yoga, tea dances, pilates, friendship groups, Taekwondo, lunch clubs, swimming, book clubs, karaoke and lots, lots more.
How much does it cost?
The Community Connections service is completely free. It is funded by Connect Hackney and Hackney Council. Some activities and classes may ask you for a small fee, but we will always check this in advance and make sure it is ok for you.
How can I get advice from Community Connections or refer someone?
Call: 020 7033 8501 or 020 7033 8587